The Catalyst Accelerator is a defense and national security accelerator that promotes technology advancement for the warfighter and guides technology transfer from the government to the commercial market and vice versa. The Catalyst Accelerator is partnering with the Air Force Research Lab Space Vehicles Directorate (AFRL/RV) to launch the inaugural accelerator cohort.
Catalyst Accelerator is seeking commercial and defense industry technologies to address the ability to monitor earth’s terrestrial environments with the objective of providing improved global weather data and products to support the warfighter. Solutions are desired across a broad range of relevant technologies that demonstrate a commercial viability. Some areas of interest are capabilities that address global weather EO/IR imaging of weather features especially dealing with the challenges of an early morning orbit and low light regions, methods to retrieve sea surface wind direction and vertical wind motions, techniques/algorithms for extracting surface parameters to include soil moisture, identifying bio-luminescence, contrail forecasting, absolute calibration techniques for non-traditional IR data sources, oversampling techniques to improve resolution of on-orbit sensors, and data fusion techniques that integrate multiple data sources into usable weather products.
1. Dedicated office space at Catalyst Campus for your team during the program including meeting spaces, collaborative areas
2. Access to privately funded Space Operations & Cybersecurity Center during the accelerator program
3. Technology, industry, and customer mentorship
4. Comprehensive accelerator curriculum covering Product & Market Fit, Product Development, Product Test & Evaluation, and Business Development
5. Immersion into the Catalyst Campus ecosystem of government, business, non-profit, and investment partners
6. Directly engage with Air Force Subject Matter Experts and customers to validate your concept to their mission need
7. Accelerated customer discovery – 3 months vs 18 to 24 months
8. Demonstration Day to pitch your solution to private investors and government customers
9. $5,000 per month of capital investment for three-months
10. Perks to include a voucher for up to $25,000 in expert business services like intellectual property law, product marketing, and accounting
11. Opportunity for follow-on government funding through Other Transaction Authority (OTA) for further prototype development
An Other Transaction Authority (OTA) will be used as the contract vehicle to award companies prototype funding to further develop their capabilities. Other Transactions (OTs) are legally binding instruments that may be used to engage industry and academia for a broad range of research and prototyping activities. An OT can allow for much greater speed, flexibility, and accessibility in performing research and prototyping activities. It can also be used to design and implement innovative business models within the government that would otherwise not be feasible.
For more information, visit the Catalyst Accelerator website.